Friday, March 12, 2010

Machismo: Non-expiring cards expire

Everyone loves to get something for free and it makes you return to a restaurant when there is a little extra incentive. Tropical Smoothie (which Laine and I banned), Subway, and even Machismo have the 'buy so many, get one free' card. Personally, I think any medium-priced locale should do something like this, especially in these times.

At Machismo, the older cards were buy 5 burritos, get 1 free and had a maroon font. The newer cards have a black font and are buy 10 burritos, get 1 free. I had one of the older cards and one of the newer cards in my wallet. Obviously, I had forgotten that I had that older card and started a new one somewhere along the way. Last week, I went in and a gentleman working converted my buy 10 get one free punches over to my buy 5, get 1 free card, so I had three punches total on that buy 5, get 1 free. Over half way there! Today, I am ringing up and the guy working told me 'we only accept the buy 10, get 1 free cards now' and took my buy 5, get 1 free card, put the punches on a buy 10, get 1 free card and sent me on my way. I even said 'it was accepted last week,' but he ignored me. I had the deer in headlights look on my face and once I recovered from shock, I said to my friend 'I can't believe he did that'. I wish I had just asked for it back to try someone else because this guy really irked me.

This is not good business Machismo. You should honor the cards you give out. These are not debit or credit cards and no expiration date exists. I have been in there numerous times and I think you can spare an extra burrito here and there for the patrons that have been coming for a while...you know, back when you were more generous and gave our the buy 5, get 1 free cards. I know costs go up, but don't let Machismo turn into el cheapo. Comprende?

~Disgruntled,
Alex

No comments: