Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nordstrom Cafe - MacArthur Center, Norfolk VA

Nordstrom Cafe dish Bleu Cheese and Pear Salad
Alex and I revisited one of our all time favorites today, Nordstrom Cafe. I love this place. There is such a variety of foods, and the preparation is always excellent. Another constant is service. They are on spot. Don't think that the cafeteria style set up will lead to sub-par service. They have a dedicated staff of professionals. Some of them have been there since they opened. The lady who usually makes the salads (I do not know her name, I just refer to her as the "Salad Lady") is wonderful. I even get a little disappointed if I happen to go there on a day when she is not working. Today Alex ordered my favorite, the Blue Cheese and Pear Salad.The Salad Lady politely waited for me to announce my selection. When I said, "You know I want that too. It's my salad, " she said, "I knew you wanted it, but wasn't sure if you knew you wanted it." Ah, the Salad Lady has a sense of humor too...nice! A friend joined us today and ordered the Tomato Basil soup and Caesar Salad. A nice combination for a cold, rainy, early spring day. If only I could have ordered a glass of wine and hung out for the rest of the afternoon....
_Laine

Nordstrom Cafe dish Caesar SaladThe Blue Cheese and Pear salad was superb. I must confess, I had it this past Saturday as well, along with a divine piece of orange-cranberry cheesecake. This dessert is not a regular item, so I felt an overwhelming need to order it. Delicious, and my lunch companion agreed. He started with the Tomato Basil Soup and the Chicken Mozzarella sandwich, both of which he enjoyed and this was also his first Nordstrom Cafe experience. Laine and I love taking people there for the first time. I might be a Nordstrom addict at this point, but we all have something. There are worse things. Like Laine, I wished we could have stayed longer, had a drink and relaxed, especially with this dreary weather.
~Alex

Nordstrom Cafe dish Tomato Basil Soup

Nordstom Cafe Marketplace
MacArthur Center
300 Monticello Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
(757) 314-1111
Menu and Restaurant Information Click HERE

No comments: