Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Little About Alex and What Makes Her Tick....

Have you ever read one of our reviews and thought to yourself, "I wonder what makes Alex tick?" You know you have! I sat down with Alex recently and asked her a few questions. Here's what she had to say...

L: If you could have dinner with one famous person, who would it be and where would you take them in Hampton Roads?
A: Johnny Depp and I would take him to Ten Top. He would love it. We might go to the Naro after that for a flick. He would love that too!

L: What’s the weirdest thing to ever happen to you while dining out?
A: Well, no one has ruffied my drink yet, so it has to be a guy (date) expecting me to pay for his dinner. I’m modern, but not that modern. Laine, you also told me you would smack me if I ever pay for another guy’s meal. Hear, hear.

L: What’s your favorite part about reviewing restaurants?
A: The opportunity for great food is a big pro, but the stories and memories you and I have from our experiences tops the list. Do we ever have some.

L: What is your biggest Grammar pet peeve?
A: Ending a sentence with a preposition, just don’t do it.

L: What's a fact people would be surprised to learn about you?
A: 75% of my two front teeth are fake - roller hockey incident in the 8th grade.

L: Name 3 things you never leave home without.
A: Lipstick, my sun specs and an attitude, some days a good one, some days more of a ‘get the eff out of my way demeanor, but always something. I never leave the house listless.

L: What’s your favorite thing to do in your time off (other than go to restaurants)?
A: Travel and hit concerts

L: What is your favorite band?
A: Talking Heads

L: What is the first concert you attended?
A: Lyle Lovett and Bonnie Raitt in Richmond, Virginia - I was a young lass then.

L: What is the best concert you attended?
A: Chromeo at Outside Lands Music Festival (2010). It was a huge dance party.

L: What is the last concert you attended?
A: Def Leppard (2011) in Virginia Beach

L: Who is more awesome? Laine or Madonna? (answer this one very carefully…)
A: You, of course, Laine! We would probably have a great time chatting with Madge, but I bet she is not down for dessert. No problem, more for us.

L: What was the first movie you ever saw?
A: ‘Stop Making Sense’ at the Naro in 1984. I will not give my age, but I was well under 10. I had a pretty unconventional childhood.

L: If you were a food, what would you be?
A: Leeks

In retrospect, I should have had a follow up question to the "Leeks" answer because I think it is funny, but perhaps it was not meant to be. Another recent interview of Alex by someone slightly more "A" list than little ole me....

Alex's Interview with James Lipton
1. What is your favorite word?
Not just yes, but ‘yes, of course you can’

2. What is your least favorite word?
Team. Laine and I are not a team, we are a force with which to be reckoned.

3. What turns you on?
Eyes

4. What turns you off?
Indecisiveness

5. What sound do you love?
Genuine, unbounded laughter

6. What sound do you hate?
The alarm

7. What is your favorite curse word?
Starts with ‘F’ and rhymes with duck

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Band publicist/agent/manager, that or a mob boss. Don’t make me explain.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Mall kiosk person, doesn’t everyone hate those people? No, I do not want salt from the Dead Sea for my hands.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
I do not believe in heaven or the afterlife, but in my fantasy life, someone would say ‘You really are free to do whatever you want., really.’

No comments: