Monday, October 13, 2008

Manfood Reigns at Bravo - and Alex Likes It! Town Center, Virginia Beach

Bravo Cucina Italiana Logo

Marietta invited me to have dinner with her family and Anthony Saturday evening. We met at Bravo at Town Center. I had been once before for lunch and remembered enjoying my meal, but that was some time ago. I tend to stick around Downtown Norfolk and Ghent, so it was nice to step out of the box for a change (I have a hard time thinking outside the box). There was a 30-minute delay for our seating, which was irritating but the manager made up for it by bringing our party two appetizer towers on the house. This type of gesture tends to cure any ill feelings that may linger. Marietta and I split the lasagna carnevale (we were still recovering from lunch), Anthony also had the lasagna (and was playfully mad that we did not send him the memo about splitting a dish) and Beau ordered the chicken marsala. Others ordered eggplant parmesan, a pizza and two scallop entrees. Everyone seemed pleased. The lasagna was nothing less than fantastic. Anthony was nice enough to give me his left over lasagna (it is a HUGE portion) since I do not ever have food in my refrigerator. Sad and unbelievable to some, but alas, it is true. I do not enjoy cooking and don’t see myself starting to like it anytime soon. A ‘look what I screwed up cooking’ blog does not sound like a good time to me. We left happy and it was great to see Marietta’s family. If in the Town Center area, I would venture to Bravo again.

~Alex

Bravo is open for lunch and dinner daily and is located at the Virginia Beach Town Center.

www.bravoitalian.com

No comments: