Monday, October 13, 2008

Gordon Biersch - Town Center, Virginia Beach

Gordon Biersch Exterior, Virginia Beach Restaurant and Brewery

Marietta, one of my great friends, was in town with her fiancé, Beau and wonderful friend, Anthony. After introducing them to Bobbywood and the Winehouse on Friday evening, I joined them for lunch and dinner on Saturday. We met at Gordon Biersch to watch the South Carolina v. Kentucky football game and grab lunch. I ordered the grilled chicken cashew salad with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, cashews and feta cheese with the Märzen vinaigrette. Of course, I had to switch the artichoke hearts with avocado, but the waitress did not seem to mind. Marietta and Anthony had the chicken casear salad and Beau had the shrimp and chicken potstickers and the blackened mahi-mahi wrap. We were all happy with our choices and the guys were able to easily watch the game. I was busy people watching since I am easily distracted from TV.

Laine and I usually post separate reviews for the restaurants we visit, but I must include this group of four’s trip to the Cheesecake Factory at Town Center. Trouble. Beau and I are all about dessert, and this seemed like a great use of time before we had to all change for dinner. I ordered the dolce de leche caramel cheesecake, Anthony the white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake, Beau the chocolate tuxedo cream cheesecake and Marietta the chocolate Oreo mudslide cheesecake. Beau and I were in heaven and Marietta was happy with her choice. Anthony felt ill from sugar-intoxication, but I am convinced it wasn’t the amount of sugar as he claimed (come on, sugar is good for you!), but rather his caramel royale macchiato drink, which rivaled a Starbucks creation, on top of the cheesecake. You have to work up to that much sugar. Like a kid let loose in a candy store, I had enough energy to run home to Norfolk (don’t worry, I realized this might be a bad idea). My favorite Charlestonians are lucky I didn’t start doing laps around the restaurant. Laine and I will add a full review of the Cheesecake Factory at a later date, but I had to include these desserts because they were SO DARN GOOD.

~Alex

Gordon Biersch and the Cheesecake Factory have many locations and are open daily for lunch and dinner.

www.gordonbiersch.com and www.cheesecakefactory.com

No comments: