Friday, August 14, 2009

Chilli Peppers Restaurant & Bar - Kill Devil Hills, NC

Restaurant Sign Chili Peppers Restaurant and Bar, Kill Devil HIlls, North Carolina
Chili Peppers - Outer Banks
Two words, DON'T GO! I have harped before on the multitude of bad restaurants on the Outer Banks and Chili Peppers is right up there. I was down last November (belated review) for the annual Outer Banks Half Marathon which has to date always been scheduled on a Sunday. Nikki and I drove down Saturday to have lunch, do a few things around the family cottage and have dinner before I had to hit the sack early. I know my grandmother has eaten at Chili Pepper's with my aunt and I hope they had a better experience than we did. Chili Peppers offers Tex-Mex style food and a good deal of fried seafood (why does everyone want to fry everything at these mediocre restaurants on the OBX?).

Nikki ordered the Chicken Taco Salad and said it was pretty lame. The vegetables were tired and the chicken rubbery. I, on an equally bad note, selected the tuna steak sandwich. The tuna was so fishy, I could not eat it. And what is with the bread at restaurants? The bun was terrible, cold and the cheapest, grade F type you might find at a Bottom Dollar should you venture in there. I do not, but my suspicions tell me that type of bread would exist there.

The decor reminded me of a bad dream. Dark red carpeting, very cheap wood tables and VERY uncomfortable chairs, those straight back 'cottage' chairs that want to make you stand up and eat. There were quite a few other victims having lunch and I do not know their opinions, but I sure do know one thing. I will never eat there again. Luckily, it was not expensive or the hot air from anger would have shot me to the moon and back.

I do not recommend this restaurant at all, but should you want to throw yourself to the wolves, it is located at 3001 N Croatan Highway, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948.

~Alex

www.chilli-peppers.com

Chilli Peppers Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: